Check out the latest published books I have copyedited and/or proofread in the self-help and business genres.
Click on the images to learn more about each title.
An editor's work is invisible.
You might be wondering how I left my mark on the above titles. A good editor/proofreader lets the author’s voice and writing shine by eliminating distracting errors and typos.
Below are some of the specific results I achieved for my clients outside of the “typical” spelling and grammar corrections:
- Fixed the title case in all headings
- Homogenized the formatting of em dashes
- Transformed UK spelling and usage to US spelling and usage
- Added the Oxford comma to all series as requested by author
- Adhered to author’s style guide (AP, CMOS, or custom)
- Checked that all embedded links were live
- Reformatted lists with bullets throughout
- Fixed pronoun usage for gender considerations
- Added italics for internal dialogue
- Changed single quotation marks to double quotation marks
- Formatted abbreviations (e.g., i.e., etc.)
- Added commas between independent clauses, and for emphasis or clarity
- Checked that all chapters were correctly referenced
- Weeded out overused punctuation (em dashes, ellipses) and phrases
- Fixed number usage (spelled out vs. numerals)
Clients have reported...
Ready to level up your writing?
I want to feature your book on this page!
Click below to tell me about your project and start working with me.